Goa, mangosteen, realizations, work, and P...?

A lot has happened in the few months that I've not written anything on the blog. I traveled back to home (India) for some 20 days and then returned to Boston again!

Lived for a month in Brighton, and then right now again near university. Many things happened in these 3-4 months. 

GOA

Went to Goa with Modak, Bhonsle, Tiwari, and Gangrade around year end. Had the time of our lives. Didn't partied in goa. We just relaxed at Ozran, Morjim and Anjuna. Gladly, my psyche matches with my homies and we avoided cliche places like Baga, Arambol, Calangute etc. I can't even describe in words what was it like. Attended Lucky Ali Live. I stood at the very first row and guess what? 

We made eye contact and he sang a couple of lines of "MAUT" while staring at me. I'm not kidding. I've the video on my phone. He also hummed O Sanam, which I've uploaded on YouTube as well. 


Anyway, the concert was just 10% of the trip. Tiwari and I strolled on the empty Anjuna beach at 3 am in the night while other chaps were sleeping. We had maggi around 4 am and then slept. Then on the day we were at Morjim, I swam along with Bob deep in the ocean. Chilled at the beach for straight 10 hours. Bhonsle started crying on the spot when we were watching the sunset. I felt emotions after months when my boy hugged me. 

But it's all worth it. Well, this is the thing about male friendship. We might not express in words, but we can fight the gods come what may, if it is for our boys. Next day, Gangrade, Tiwari and I went to Ozran. It is the most beautiful beach in all of Goa. Plus, it's mostly empty, and the crowd is mostly European or the creme Indians, so the vibe was laid back and relaxing. I'll try to attach the pics. 

And how can I forget the night when we dined at Purple Martini. Spent friggin' 15 grand in 2 hours. Then we went to the cottage where we were staying. We sat there till 2-3 am and talked about lives, love, and whatnot. Man. 99% of people I know, I'm sure, can't match the conversations I have with them. Maybe, we all choose to stay with the people we're most comfortable with. I feel there's nothing wrong in discussing IPL, football, curves of that hot girl in your class... but I like to have conversations beyond all of it. And I'm lucky enough to have intelligent and handsome chaps, who also share a matured perspective in life.

In short, the trip made me realize how much I love my boys. Plus, we had fun. The people who say "money can't buy happiness" are WRONG. The reason we could have luxury trip was because me, Bob and Modak did make way above average money, of what people of our age earn. And Tiwari is going to London for his masters, so is Bhonsle in IIIT. We all are assured of bright careers, thus money. This was another bitter truth that we all realized in Goa. Money does buy happiness.

Mangosteen

Then I returned to Indore. Went on a date with an amazing person at Mangosteen. She is super intelligent, grounded, and uhhh beautiful. She was the head girl of the best school in town (i can't reveal the name ofc, but the I literally mean best school in town or MP for the curious ones), went to DU, is selected in the mfkin' ISB!!! And loves to talk about cosmos, god, how chidhood shapes relationships, and a lot more..... ( i can write a book on it).. We really clicked. But god. I am studying in Boston, and ISB is in Hyderabad. So, no matter how badly we wanted it, there was no point of it. But she's the only woman whom I had a crush on after years. I really liked how ambitious she was.

You know, she decided that she wanted to go to IIM A/B/C or ISB. Nothing below that. And she worked hard for 3 years. People lose their minds after 1 year drop. She got IIM (but not A/B/C) after an year, so dropped 2 years again, and finally got into ISB. I won't be surprised if I see her leading a multi million dollar project or working as an Associate at Mckinsey in 5 years. I wish we were in the same city. But life isn't a wish granting factory, duh.

I still remember, I had ordered some pancakes and we had just one plate. So, we ended up eating from one vessel. Gosh it was cute. We still exchange texts once a fortnight. She isn't on instagram / quora so there's no chance she'll read this post. And I'm glad about it. I don't want to overwhelm anyone for no reason hahaha. So, that chapter ended pretty quickly. But is a very important one because...? Keep reading.

Meeting her made me realize what I want in my partner. Ambitions and values

Then came my birthday. We had Satyanarayan pooja. I sat at the front where usually Papa or Baba sit and did the yagya. Tucky also joined for a few parts. Then on the same day Bhonse, Tiwari, Gangrade, Modak, Tanay, Govind, Shantanu and Ajay came at home to celebrate the day. Amidst omicron. Because I was leaving for Boston the very next day. I can recall these lines from Passenger's song... you only hate the road when you're missing home.... now I feel the line.

Work

Came to Boston again.

This phase in Boston, I realized my capabilities. I truly understood what it meant to 'study' in the past couple of months. Working on assignments, projects, solving leetcode, applying for jobs, dealing with fomo, house errands, and things. Coincidentally, while I was staying in Brighton, I went out with someone who (let's call her Y) , (a) is ambitious and (b) is really intelligent (c) i felt good. But I realized dating demands time and PROPER communication. And I suck at it big time given that I'm knee deep with my degree at the moment. And I messed things with Y which came to an halt. Why is dating so complicated? I'm yet to realize this lol. But one thing that I learnt about it is - communicate bro. To the person reading this - learn from my mistake!

Then I shifted at Chestnut Ave, where I'm writing this post from. My day starts with coffee, then I apply for jobs, and practice sql. Watch netflix, study some concepts, and then repeat. Sometimes, I play guitar. I also bought capo last week, which helps a lot in strumming some songs. Once or twice a week, i watch sunset at Charles. 

I am hoping I'll fetch a good role in the coming month.

Meanwhile Tucky also got into NEU, SUNY, U of Rochester. He managed 30% scholarship too.!! I'm glad he'll have a nice future ahead of him. Can't believe he's that guy whom i used to punch on the stomach and used to go to Mitra sir's school. I never thought that we both would study in the US ... i can't be more grateful to the gods, papa and mummy.

Coming to the present moment. Abhi I'm in the job hunt. Dreams in my eyes, the world is at the plate. I have to work hard and take it. It's been 2 years I'm sleeping on ground, staying away from home and traveling the world without a proper home. But soon, I know that:

 "Fatela jeb sil jaayega, jo chaahega mil jaayega. 

Tere bhi din aayenge chote, achcha khaasa hil jaayega... 

rukne ka nai, thakne ka nai... life me chalte rehne ka.."

That's it for now.

Life's Good :)

Yours Truly.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What has Boston Gifted Me?

Straight from the Heart... my small town and the festivals.

Valentine's Week !