Hitchhiking !

Today while returning from the office, a very very strange yet memorable instance occurred in my life. I wonder if life's gifting me adventures and stories to narrate, haha. Grateful for everything though!

So, it was around 4:58 PM and I was standing at the bus stop waiting for the bus to drop me off at Downtown Portland. But then idk why a black car was passing by and I felt the urge to look at the driver. Well, I did not budge my hands a bit but stared at the driver. I know for a fact that my stare is intimidating for most people.

So, the driver stopped by and offered me a ride to Downtown. I agreed! And boom!!! I pseudo-hitchhiked :)

We shared many things on the way to Monument Square. I came to know that he's from Canada and works as a part time chef and an IT consultant!! VERY COOOOOOL!! Has also stayed in San Francisco, NYC, as well as Boston. To which I told about myself that I have stayed in Indore, Boston and now Portland. Then we discussed about some politics, a little bit of Quaker chrisitians, some Narendra Modi, Rothschild theory (which he told isn't a conspiracy theory but a truth), and then we exchanged a few stories.

So yeah, we were talking and we arrived at downtown. To my surprise he offered me to drop me at my place in South Portland to carry on the conversation. I agreed (ofc). Apparently his uncle stays 2 blocks from my home (Everett Street). So he's a regular visitor of Preble Street. By the end of the ride he asked for my number. A point to be noted is that he's 40 years old. Very older than my elder brother (if there was) but yes almost similar age as Papa or uncle.

I found a friend in him. So I asked him to let me be his host someday, which I believe will be soon...! 

Amazing story, right! As much as I avoid, but I am good at conversations provided they're deep. A bonus point to my habit of reading books, articles, and listening podcasts almost everyday. As Steve Jobs said, 'connecting the dots'.

This is how I made a friend out of the blue, almost double my age, who has wonderful experiences and shares a common love for books, history, and spirituality.


His name is RJ Tholl. Idk if we'll meet ever again (depends if he pings me), but this memory will remain till my last breath :)

Also, today's office was CRAZYYYYYY!! Worked like anything. But overall the day was fabulous!

Looking forward to more! Life's great!

~SM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What has Boston Gifted Me?

Straight from the Heart... my small town and the festivals.

Valentine's Week !