Hauz Khas - Ekdam Heart to Heart Blog

When we think of Hauz Khas, we picture the party hub of India. Raves. Clubs. Hardcore party animals. Girls and Boys. Disco. Right? At least I did it before paying a visit. But, my perception was busted as and when I explored the lanes of this beautiful village.

It was a scorching day of June. I had completed my data analysis for AAP and had a lot of time to spare. I was binging on movies in my PG in Noida (gosh! I really miss that room). I had already visited CP (multiple times), Akshardham, Gurgaon, and Old Delhi. However, one place was remaining and I wanted to see it right from the day I landed in NCR - the Hauz Khas village.

I had my classmates in Delhi and Gurgaon during the same time (Rahul Gautam and Prashika - shoutout to you, if you ever read this xD). But my solitary ass decided to explore that part of Delhi - ALONE.

I took metro from Noida Sector 15 and sneaked to CP (duh, again). Then I visited India Gate, Amar Jawan Jyoti, and Lodhi Garden. Then I had the chance to board metro/city bus and save bucks. But no. I'm a born idiot! I took a taxi and went from India Gate to HKV (hauz khas).

When I landed there, I was expecting many foreigners and teens ready to party hard. But as John Green said in The Fault in Our Stars - "the world isn't a wish granting factory".. I came across 'many' tombs. Yes, you read it right. Tombs. And there was a fort as well. It IS BEAUTIFUL. I was shocked to know why the mainstream people don't know about it!?
This picture was randomly clicked by my age-old phone. Believe me the place is even more beautiful than it seems in the photograph. And it was taken in the scorching sun. Just think of this place during monsoon <3.

After exploring the fort, I stumbled upon a tomb. The place where Firoz Shah Tughluq rests in peace. (Cricket folks - Firoz Shah Kotla wala insaan). So here was I. Went in search of partying and foreigners - ended up exploring the tomb of a great emperor. Ironically, the tomb was empty and a couple was engaging in their intimate affair, so I left them alone ;)
Now, there were like 2-3 structures where the graves were present. This picture was again clicked by me. I don't exactly know if this is exactly the grave of Firoz Shah - but it was surely there in one of those structures.. There's also this thing by which we can examine whether the grave is of a male or female by that crest at the top... Google it ! See - this is one of the things I learnt while travelling alone. I did study about Firoz Shah and Delhi Sultanate in my social sciences. But this is something you learn from traveling. 

Here my philosophical monkey brain thought about the poem - Ozymandias. That no matter how big of a gun you're. Nobody misses you after death. Money/status etc. don't matter...!! Brrrrrr.. let's stick to the topic.

Then, I visited the lanes of Hauz Khas Village. Ate a roll and went to the one and only - NAIVEDYAM. I love south indian. And Naivedyam was a place I had seen on TV. I had to visit it. I gulped a filter coffee and a dosa. I was also maintaining a travel journal and that was the highlight of it (i had another one - i got into a situation at CP and called Rahul Gautam... that's a story of other time).

There were many narrow lanes. Small food joints. Tattoo studios. Cafes. And clubs. And mind you, they were 'clubs'. Not like the ones in Indore. I wanted to visit inside. But FML. I was a solo traveler and they allowed couple entry :'(.

So, I decided to visit Hauz Khas with a woman afterwards. And then I left for Qutub Minar. So, did I visit HKV clubs with some girl and partied? Let me leave this cliffhanger here itself... :)

But hey, I realized that Hauz Khas was not just a party hub. It's a beautiful place. There's a beautiful lake. There's a fort. And there rests the great king - Firoz Shah where teenage couples have a good time. They were making tiktoks. Their love doesn't give a f**k about the dead king or beauty of nature. They just make out in the same room where he lies in peace. That's life, death, absurdity of love and passage of time. A little world at Hauz Khas.. :)))))))

Till the next time,
Yours truly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What has Boston Gifted Me?

Straight from the Heart... my small town and the festivals.

Valentine's Week !