5 Things I want to do before turning 25!

Since yesterday night, I am just wondering about the purpose of life. In the long run, everything will end and every single human will die. But that doesn't mean we should live our life in vain. Also, I haven't figured out the actual purpose of our existence.. But I believe being satisfied with our lives is one of the virtues that everyone should follow.. And yes, it's not at all related to being rich. Money helps, but only to a little extent.

In addition, I was reading about the 'luxury trap' which homosapiens entered about 10,000 years ago. You got to read about it. Actually it was a delusion when hunters & gatherers started agriculture which made our lives more stressful. 

First they cultivated wheat and settled in one region. So, it resulted in population burst because now women didn't need to do 'extra' physical work and they had more time for sex and pregnancy. More population meant that men had to work even harder to feed babies. This continued and with gradual changes over 10,000 years and human population grew exponentially. As a result, we are living a stressful life. 

On the other hand, the Foragers (our ancestors before invention of agriculture) used to roam from place to place. They didn't have 'many' babies (because of nomadic lifestyle) and were eating a lot of fruits/meat/grass instead of just wheat/potato and rice. They had more healthy lifestyle as well as had no stress of agriculture and household. Not only this, the concept of nuclear family wasn't that stringent. They cared for every male/female/baby equally.

Nevertheless, we chose the agrarian way and we can't get out of it. That's why it's called luxury trap. 10,000 years ago, the luxury was wheat, then it was wheel, then it was profession, then jobs, then status symbol in society such as girlfriends/money/cars/house etc. You see, the symbol of luxury changes every now and then.. but almost every person is trapped in it.

TLDR;
I realized that I need to break out of the luxury trap to LIVE. I don't want a mediocre life. So I just made a bucket list that I've to complete before I turn 25 (I'm 21 as of now).

  • Skydiving - This one's the first thing I'd love to do. I have seen that it costs around $200 or around 12-13k Rs, which is not that expensive considering a bucket list goal xD. This would be one of the first thing I'd do if I step in the world out there.
  • Getting Abs - Well, I'm not a fan of aesthetic body. But, I'm working out to develop a habit. I have good visible results, but I think I want proper 6-pack abs which I'm sure I will flex in the coming days :P... Well this one is just to push myself to the limit.
  • Allianz Arena - Well, I am a big fan of Bayern Munich. I want to watch a Bayern Munich game in Germany. I believe it'll cost $2500 (which I will save by then).
  • Support 1 Child's Education - This might sound a little humanitarian, but I really want to pay for one child's education.. Sure once I climb up the corporate ladder, I'll raise the bar.. But for a guy in his early 20s, I believe that's satisfactory.
  • Ayahuasca - I want to travel to south america where there's this ceremony in which we drink Ayahuasca.Well, it's better you read about this.. it's fun and I want to try it. I believe it'll cost me another $3000 (at max).
These are some experiences which I want to have in my memories in my youth. I think that they're achievable. If not everything, I'll end up checking off atleast 3 of them in coming 4 years. That's enough about my list.. You should make one for yourself too :) !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What has Boston Gifted Me?

Straight from the Heart... my small town and the festivals.

Valentine's Week !