What Medicaps Gifted Me?

You most likely came from my instagram bio, isn't it? I don't know if I'll ever share this blog openly but anyway. Since you are here, take the reward :P

Here's me connecting the dots with 5 of my best friends and how I matured with them. (Modak, Bhonsle, HRX, Fufa, and Chiru).

Modak at 11-12pm: "Kal college chalega kya?"
Me (who was in no mood): "Bhonsle aur HRX aayenge?"
Modak: "Haan shayad. Bol toh rahe hai wo."
Me: "Chal. Indore wire pe aa jaunga mai, teri gaadi se chal chalenge."

Character 1
And that's how Modak and I used to make plans for college in 3rd and 4th year. Whether it was scorching heat of April, rainy August, or even chilly December... we both used to go on his Jupiter. Man, those were one of the best moments of college for me.

On the way to college, we used to discuss everything. From football matches to meaning of existence and advait vedanta. When everyone in college used to look forward to parties, girls, and roadtrips.. we idiots used to study or code together. Result: He got into IIT Kanpur and I've my admit from NEU Boston.

No, we did enjoyed to the fullest. And you can't even imagine the things we did together. You just can't imagine. I repeat you can't imagine. Our section had the most horrific guys in all of the CS and we did many many many things. Most of us were together since class 9th CatalyseR. But Modak's seriousness used to motivate us to study.. and we all are at a good place (everyone's placed or has a good college for Masters) at the end of engineering.

Character 2
We all have a friend who's damn handsome and has faced heartbreak in the past. He's that guy. Bhonsle has looks and a sharp brain. Man, he cleared JEE but still was in Medicaps and that shocks me till date.. Me, Modak, and Bhonsle have LOTS of memories together.. In college and out of college... I learned emotional calmness and maturity from him. Whenever life gives me lemons, he's the person who teaches me to make a chocolate cake out of it.. Yes, his advice works like magic..

The best part is that he never bragged about his looks in front of us. Nor did he took advantage of it.. He taught all of us that girls are secondary in our lives. They'll come if you have looks/money and all these parameters are temporary. After 2-3 months these things fade away and all you have is your own persona.

He once told m that he gazes stars while sitting on terrace at night. I started doing the same, and it became a therapeutic habit. Besides academics, he's the person who gave me a more stronger perspective towards life. Life's not fair. If we won't accept, we'll live in vain. I will remember our nightout in Rambag when we came out to malharashram and all dogs in 1km range started howling after seeing us at 2AM. What an absurd night that was!

Here's me, Bhonsle and Modak (left to right).



Character 3
Here comes Raghvendra Pratap Singh Sisodiya aka Raghu / HRX. This guy had around 150 in JEE. Again, came in Medicaps. At that point of time, Medicaps had a really good reputation. He would've got into Mech/EE in NIT Bhopal.. Well, coming to Raghu, he was the most 'rebellious' friend of mine.. I still remember in 2016, he had a fight with Fufa (Fufa also had ~160 in mains) in maths lecture due to a question... I used to think of him as an arrogant person (which turned out to be completely opposite)..

In May 2020 when he told us that "mai Indore aaya tha, room khali kar diya ab", our heart sank. For all of us, Geeta Bhawan reminded us of Raghu (and it will do so till the end of our days). We learnt that we should not take life TOO seriously. Enjoy the present and forget the past. We call him HRX because he used to start dancing everywhere. In college, 56, NH3, Modak's home, anywhere you name it.

Countless memories together. Suspension, Quesadilla, Bamniya, Talreja's Bday, Rajendra Nagar after every exam, iBus, Baba's, Sarafa... man I can't point out a single one... they're all the best <3

Here's our man HRX. I'm getting nostalgic now :')

Character 4
The fourth person and one of my closest friend is Fufa - Sanidhya Mangal. He is a crazy man. Believe me. Again, 150+ in JEE and chose Medicaps. (WHY??????)
Fufa, me and Modak used to code a lot. We participated in Wittyhacks, NIT Bhopal, and Void Hacks, Code.io... Won in all of them.. <3

Here comes the funny part. If you've ever watched hangover, Fufa is similar to the fat guy. In wittyhacks 1, he went outside at 3 am in  night and got locked out. In void hacks, he went to change his pants in dark corridors and after removing his pants, he forgot to bring the new one... In wittyhacks 2, he ate Kolkata rolls with us and caught loose motions (kept going to poop in the remaining 20 hours)...

But hey, we were a team and we won in these hackathons. I don't believe anybody amongst our Juniors or Seniors had this compatibility... winning 1-2 hacks is good... we won every hack in which we participated.. beat that!!! He inspired me to code in the first sem of engineering.. and I'm grateful to him.. People know me because of my coding skills, and Mangal gave me the inspiration to write the "Hello World".

You're handsome Fufa!


Character 5
Chiru / Rahul Tiwari. The Stephen Hawking. His attendance would've been below 50% in 4 years. He skipped many subjects to take after 4th year. Guess what? General promotion happened and he cleared them all. Kismat!! He is on facebook, he is on instagram, but operates fake ID. You won't find Rahul Tiwari by his real name. He has no picture on social media.

He's my brother by relation. Me, modak, and Tiwari stay very near to each other and used to come college together. Tiwari and I used to go to make-up sem after 2nd sem and had hilarious memories. Like a don or something he stayed in Bombay for like 3 months every year.. He's like GOD. Invisible entity that used to stay everywhere with us but nobody could see him.. Man he has so cryptic existence that even the government might doubt whether he exists in reality or not..

What did he teach us? That everything will fall in place. Just keep taking steps in the right direction.. He had every chance to quit engineering or indulge in drugs/escapism. But didn't. He is true to his values and didn't break them. (and that is something every friend of mine has and I love it).

I won't break the anonymity of Chiru. Here's a picture of Hawking.



That's it!?
No. I had many others who made my college life a heaven. I wish I could mention all of them. I'm eternally grateful to every single person I met in college. I have sooooo many memories with lovely people. But things have come to an end. And even though my journey at Medicaps ends there, it gifted me some friends which I look forward to meet till my last breath..

PS: Modak and I discussed that after our Masters (2-3 years from now), we're gonna watch El Clasico or Manchester Derby in Europe... I'm looking forward to it <3

Cheers to everyone! Cheers to Medicaps!
Satyam 'Mishra' Mishra.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What has Boston Gifted Me?

Straight from the Heart... my small town and the festivals.

Valentine's Week !