Unexpected Events and My Fav Movie (as of now)

So, everything was going well and life took a sudden turn.
US Consulates aren't reopening due to covid-19. That means I'd have to postpone my MS for a few months... good for me, i got some free time :P

And some very drastic changes happened this week. I'm shocked and have been indulged in rigorous introspection. Evaluating my choices and stuff like that. I believe everything will be fine in the coming future. Everything happens for a reason so this phase is making me aware of myself.

In the last post I wrote that I'll be in Bangalore in July for internship and Boston in September. BUT LIFE IS UNEXPECTED DUDE!! We need to have backup plans for everything. Everything!

I used to watch many upbeat movies like Pursuit of Happiness / Hangover etc. No doubt they're excellent. But you need to watch Fight Club. This movie is a gem. You might find it depressing, but that's the reality. I have watched it 3-4 years ago, but now I understand its depth.

"We buy things we don't need to impress people we don't like."
"The things you own end up owning you."
"Losing all hope is freedom."
"We are a generation of men raised by women. Do we really need another woman in our life?" (this one's my fav)
  
There are many many many dialogues in fight club that come as cynical. But they portray the reality of life. And man, the masculinity of Tyler Durden is worth watching.

He's a man who has bigger purpose in life than goofing around women. He moulds the world according to him and not the vice versa. See, our society thinks of a 'man' as someone with beard, car, and maybe a sexual appetite. Well, every Tom, Dick and Harry can have that. Real masculinity is having a bigger purpose. Having a mature mindset. Physical development toh aap 2-4 months me achieve kar sakte ho.. What takes effort is mental strength and intellectual development..

I mean this is just one side of the story. We've made very platonic assumptions to a lot of things in life. And 90% of people die without recognizing it.. You might think what I'm saying is a bullsh*t. Well, its upto you to think about it... Many people accuse this school of thought as cynical. But when you really understand what it means, you'll become a more matured person.

So coming to the unexpected things and my favorite movie --> yes, I'm aware of it and I'd love normalcy. But adversities and pain make us explore ourselves and our true strength. (Not being a sadist, but I embrace hard times).

Yk, you might disagree with my  viewpoint of life and that's totally fine. I just like to see the negative aspects too. It helps me to make practical decisions. Yes, I'm also a big believer in law of attraction so I vibe at a positive level too. Guess yours truly has learned to balance these two school of thoughts pretty well... yes am currently a rookie when it comes to philosophies, but I read a lot of literature in this matter... zyada self talk ho gayi... but i hope the reader (whomsoever he/she is) get's my point..!

So, embrace the tough times. They teach us a lot. You'll meet yourself. Just introspect. Bure waqt me alcohol/drugs/sex ka addicition lagake kya matlab hai when you can become an awesome person. Right?

Till the next time
SM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What has Boston Gifted Me?

Straight from the Heart... my small town and the festivals.

Valentine's Week !