Why should you watch 'Mr and Mrs Iyer' ?

Today is a very hot day in Portland. Or humid atleast. Well, maybe because my house is just 2 minute walk away from the atlantic ocean (self aggrandizing bastard)... So yeah, I thought of watching some bollywood movies on this hot-calm-typical summer day.

So I watched Monsoon Wedding and Mr & Mrs Iyer. Now, i wont talk about Monsoon Wedding. Because (a) it is a well known and good movie (b) because the latter one is underrated and not heard by the masses.

Mr and Mrs Iyer is a movie which can't be classified into a specific genre. By the name it might sound that its a light hearted comedy movie (and also by the cast - Rahul Bose and Konkana Sen). But the movie is an emotional roller coaster, which makes you think about the idea of romance along with communalism and idiotic complex systems created by the society.

I am writing my thoughts about the movie without revealing a single plot detail so that when you watch the movie, it remains fresh. But yes, it made me wonder that no wonder how much intelligent we humans are, we have created systems so complex that our brain tricks ourselves into ideas like religion, marriage, and whatnot.

Also, Rahul Bose did a good job in making me want to go to India, restart my childhood and fulfill my long lost dream of becoming a truck driver (well, this has no direct connection to the movie whatsoever, so dont cuss me yet). Mainly because i will get to travel to different parts of india, which seem banal otherwise. Not that I dont travel in the US...(i've travelled and seen a lot of places till this point in the US, atleast in the east coast)... but I want to explore my homeland with my friends, or even alone... 

Well, coming to the movie... Why should you watch 'Mr and Mrs Iyer'? 

  • Because, if you think that love is that 'first sight' thing, or it just happens when both parties are committed, then I'd suggest you to watch it... 
  • Also, if you're an extremist (right wing), then it might help you to change the worldview of things. 
  • And lastly, if you want to know that Bollywood also makes good romance movies in the early 2000s which also stimulated your mind...

Well, I rest my case here. Maybe I'll read 'Unaccustomed Earth' by Jhumpa Lahiri now, and then complete my udacity course in the evening...

Also, I am grateful for this life.. :)

Yours truly,
S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What has Boston Gifted Me?

Straight from the Heart... my small town and the festivals.

Valentine's Week !